Welcome to the Four Corners Air Quality Group home page!
The Four Corners Air Quality Group is a forum for individuals interested in air quality to meet, learn about current conditions, review progress on mitigation of air quality impacts, and generally contribute to clean air in the Four Corners area.
The Group meets at least once per year and more often if circumstances warrant it. The Group is convened by the States of Colorado and New Mexico, with the support of a range of state, tribal and federal agencies.
To join the Four Corners Air Quality Group, please sign up. You will be notified of meetings and other important air quality information affecting the Four Corners area.
Four Corners Air Quality Related Announcements
The Next Four Corners Air Quality Group meeting is planned for Spring 2015.
On November 25, 2014, the EPA proposed to strengthen the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) for ground-level ozone. More information can be found on EPA’s regulatory actions website here: www.epa.gov/groundlevelozone/actions.html .
2014 Four Corners Air Quality Agecy Updates and Four Corners Studies are available here:
September 9, 10, 2013 meeting materials
- We held a regular progress update meeting of the Four Corners Air Quality Group, in Farmington, NM, on Wednesday May 30, 2012. Click on the links below for documents from the meeting:
- Agenda; Press Release
- Agency Updates
- Current Studies
- Posters: NNEPA, SUIT, BLM, CDPHE, NMED, NPS
- Presentations: Ozone, Air Quality for Citizens, Mercury Monitoring, La Plata County, LANL Spectrometer (part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6), Regional Haze Update, San Juan Generating Station, Quad O, Colorado Oil and Gas Rulemaking, Westjump Modeling, Mancos Shale Oil and Gas
May 30, 2012 meeting materials
April 17, 2012 - EPA issued cost-effective regulations, required by the Clean Air Act, to reduce harmful air pollution from the oil and natural gas industry while allowing continued, responsible growth in U.S. oil and natural gas production. More information including fact sheets is available here: http://www.epa.gov/airquality/oilandgas/
December 21, 2011 - EPA announces Mercury and Air Toxics Standards (MATS) for power plants - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced standards to limit mercury, acid gases and other toxic pollution from power plants. http://www.epa.gov/mats/actions.html
- NMED and EPA Field campaign to measure and speciate VOCs at Navajo Lake, Substation and Bloomfield in 2004/2005 and 2009 fourcornersvoc
- "Passive Monitoring of Ambient Reactive Gaseous Mercury in the Four Corners Area and Eastern Oklahoma" This presentation (available here: http://nadp.isws.illinois.edu/meetings/fall2010/post/session4.html) summarizes the first year of a two year air monitoring project estimating reactive gaseous mercury (RGM, a.k.a. gaseous oxidized mercury, GOM) dry deposition rates in the Four Corners area and eastern Oklahoma. The project collaborators include the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Region 6, EPA Office of Research and Development (ORD), Frontier Global Sciences, Alion, the New Mexico Environment Department (NMED), the National Park Service (NPS), the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), the Jemez Pueblo, and the Cherokee Nation.