Air Quality Bureau
AIR QUALITY BUREAU AIR ISSUES HOTLINE
The Air Quality Bureau has maintained a toll free asbestos hotline number for many years to report suspicious activity relating to potential public exposure to asbestos fibers. This service has been expanded to enable the public to report air quality related issues for facilities throughout New Mexico.
The toll free number to report Air Quality complaints is 1-800-224-7009. The Air Quality Bureau is confident that this service will prove beneficial in addressing Air Quality related issues in the most timely and efficient manner.
Although the hotline will be staffed during regular business hours, there may be instances when the Air Quality Bureau cannot return your call immediately, such as after 5:00 PM and on weekends. In those instances, please leave a message at (505) 476-4359 or 476-4364 with the following information and your call will be answered as soon as possible:
- Your name.
- Your mailing or physical address.
- Your return telephone number and e-mail if available.
- Facility name or physical location of facility in question.
- Brief description of the nature of the complaint, for example, smoke, odors, dust.
- The date and time that the event occurred. Please include the approximate duration of the release, for example, 2 hours.
- In addition, please include any additional information you feel will assist the Air Quality Bureau in its investigation.
Complaints may also be reported anonymously, but please be advised that the Air Quality Bureau cannot notify you of the progress of the complaint investigation if a return number is not provided.
The Air Quality Bureau and New Mexico Environment Department strive to improve public access to the agency, and any suggestions or ideas to improve public access initiatives at the agency are appreciated and can be e-mailed to: NMED Public Communications Officer.